Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Lost.

It is a strange thing, how God works in our lives, the unusual tactics He uses to speak to us, the surreal happenings that, if not explained by His miraculous ways, would otherwise be creepy. I say this, because today God had an entirely new perspective on what my quiet time was going to look like.
I arrived home from another day of BSN meetings with a long mental list of everything that needed accomplishing tonight. My day had started at six a.m. It was now six p.m. The meetings had lasted from 9-5:30. However, my list of things to do had not been shrinking, and I was determined to do the one thing that would make me feel like I was a contributor to the world, and not a lazy bum.
Do something. Anything. As long as I could feel as though an item on my list was scratched off, or at the very least chipped at, I would be able to go to bed satisfied.
"I want you to watch an episode of Lost with me." There was no mistaking His voice.
"Now? If I watch it now I will get out of the work zone and be lazy the rest of the evening. I have really a lot of stuff to do."
"I want to cuddle with you and watch an episode of Lost." Oooh....Lost....??? It took a few moments of reluctant guilt before I decided to go along with God and obey this enjoyable direction.
The episode of Lost I watched was from the first season, titled White Rabbit. It was about stepping up to leadership, letting go of past experiences and realizing you are in a new place as you work together in a team. Work alone, you die. Work together, and you'll thrive.
My entire day of staff training had been about team building, stepping out of your comfort zone, and learning to work together and as a leader.
It was one of the surreal moments. "Did you REALLY just use Lost, my current source of relaxation (besides Caleb) to teach me a huge spiritual lesson?" I wrote it down, in His words.
"You need to let go of the past to be a good leader. The past hurts. Lay it down. Step up and take your tasks so that you can be a strong leader and team member. You're ready for this."
God, you are so beyond the normal idea of awesome. You blow me away with your creativity in your relationship and communication with us, Your children. I am in awe of the fact that You take a quiet time and turn it into innovative quiet time fun. You are a brilliant friend and mentor. I love you.

3 comments:

  1. this just made my jaw draw and eyes widen...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog Sweet Rynn and now I can post on it too!! I just listened to your duo with Caleb and gotta it is OUTSTANDING!!. You two need to sing a duet at church for offertory sometime soon! I love you
    DAD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Little Princess,
    I wish you were here right now cuz I really could use one of your hugs. I think you are one of the best huggers! Reading that made me realize just how much I miss having you in my upstairs room. In my house you lived in a red room, but we call you Rynn. Are you a little red bird, now disguised as an oriole?
    xxxmom

    ReplyDelete