Monday, March 22, 2010

Perfectly Adorable Boys

“Did you know that Monday is our four month anniversary?” Caleb announced chirpily. Caleb always sounds chipper. It is just his way.

“I did. What romantic thing shall we do?” I sat on the stairs with a joyous plop. “Can we be romantic when we are broke?”

“Why yes!” Caleb said. And then he said this poem to me, in a most dramatic, romantic way. Just like this….

Your eyes are deeper than the depths of the sea

But they are full not of water,

But of beauty

And of mystery.

You are like a…

A rose!

You are like an unattainable rose at the top

Of the highest mountain

Many have sought to pluck this rose

But have failed.

…Miserably.

But hark! A prince!

A prince climbs to the top of the mountain!

Plucks the rose!

Stares deep into it’s beauty

And states,

(Both heroically and romantically)

I have won and you are mine.”

Perfectly adorable boys prance about their rooms as they come up with beautiful poetry on the spot for their princesses.

I have a perfectly adorable boy.

1 comment:

  1. You have no idea how happy, pleased, delighted... unendingly magically thrilled I am that you have found a perfectly delightful boy. Caleb is a fulfillment to my prayers. For my little sister to marry a man who cherishes her. And who will be best friends with my husband. :)

    ReplyDelete